Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

905SWC + CFV50 (classic version)

jotloob

In the past , I have used my 905SWC only for film work .
Since I work with the CFV39 and CFV50 the 905SWC was more or less sent to sleep .
I thought , that I have to wake up that wonderful combo and went out yesterday for a test shooting .
Social distancing was not a problem for me , as I was all alone in the yard .
I am using a the matte screen adapter , with split screen and the RMfX viewer for focusing . Works fine for me .

Attachments

• GEIGER SWC 4346 PP.jpg
    EXIF
    GEIGER SWC 4346 PP.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 62
I was wondering how my swcm will work with a Hasselblad digital back…..looks awesome. Now got to find me a decent back. Thanks for posting the pictures.

I was wondering how my swcm will work with a Hasselblad digital back…..looks awesome. Now got to find me a decent back. Thanks for posting the pictures.
Hello Roman
I have not been here for quite some time . Sorry , so I see your post just now .
HASSELBLAD Backs for any SWC are CFV16 (which I unfortunately sold) , CFV39 , CFV50 and also CFV50c as well as CFV II 50 C .
I have worked with all of them without any trouble on the SWC .
The big advantage with these backs is , you dont need any sync cable . I have reworked the tripod shoe on my 905SWC , so that I do not need the special digital back holder , which is supplied with the back . Works great .

Additional info to my above post .
Shooting with the CFV II 50 c does not require an LCC shot . All other backs do .

Sorry , I did not know , that you are not familiar with LCC .
LCC means Lens Cast Correction .

There are the older digital BACKs , which use the CCD technology . Charge-Coupled Device . Images taken with these "older" backs , have a slight color cast , which should be corrected .
This is done by means of a LCC shot .
I try to explain . After you made your shot , you should mount a milky glass filter to the lens and then do an other shot of your subjekt . Leave the aperture setting as it is and double your exposure time for the LCC shot . You now obtain a "milky" image , which in turn is then used in (for HASSELBLAD) the PHOCUS program , in the scene correction option .
Your image with the cast and the "milky" image are then "merged" , to take away the color cast . Other Programs , like Capture 1 use a similar procedure to obtain a color cast free image .

Newer digital backs use CMOS sensors and do not require that procedure .

Sorry , I did not know , that you are not familiar with LCC .
LCC means Lens Cast Correction .

There are the older digital BACKs , which use the CCD technology . Charge-Coupled Device . Images taken with these "older" backs , have a slight color cast , which should be corrected .
This is done by means of a LCC shot .
I try to explain . After you made your shot , you should mount a milky glass filter to the lens and then do an other shot of your subjekt . Leave the aperture setting as it is and double your exposure time for the LCC shot . You now obtain a "milky" image , which in turn is then used in (for HASSELBLAD) the PHOCUS program , in the scene correction option .
Your image with the cast and the "milky" image are then "merged" , to take away the color cast . Other Programs , like Capture 1 use a similar procedure to obtain a color cast free image .

Newer digital backs use CMOS sensors and do not require that procedure .
jotloob:
Thank you for this detailed explaination. I can see how the older backs could cause heartburn and perhaps alternatively make one rethink shooting film. Fortunately for me, I have the latest iteration of backs and Phocus works really well without adjustments.

Back