Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

All my Hasselblad X1D reviews

Hello everyone,

during the 1.5 year that I have been using the Hasselblad X1D exclusively, I managed to write reviews for the original X1D, the X1D II, and the 21mm, 30mm, 45mm, 65mm, 90mm, 135mm and 35-75mm XCD lenses. All reviews have been written under the point of view of a landscape photographer. You can find them following this link: https://www.vieribottazzini.com/tag/hasselblad

Hope you'll enjoy the writings and find them useful! Best regards,

Vieri

Hi Vieri,

you shoot mainly landscape. What was for you the most important criteria to switch from Leica S to X1D and not to other Hasselblad MF bodies?

I would have thought that the majority of X1D-photographers would buy the X1D more for street work/ casual photography?

Hi Dirk,

IMHO, the X1D is a perfect camera for landscape: light, small, great lenses. Not a great camera for street work: slow, slow lenses. Hope this helps, best regards

Vieri

IF anyone wants to use a Blad camera with another Alternative Lens??
Why use a Ferarri on a Honda motor Engine ? No question about using a Leica S. Leica S is a unique camera and those lenses are top quality.
XID it too a handy camera for the street. Blad lenses are limited to many today's 35mm digital cameras.
Slow lenses Slow iso is to limited skills for some photographers. But many who do conceptual photography it is just another camera for many photography. This is my honest thinking.

Back