Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Any active H series users?

I'm 7 years late to the party but never mind.

I have just bought an old H2 with a 22Mp back which has a multi-shot capability; I also use that back and an Ixpress 528C on my Contax 645. I have to accept that we're confined to home right now so outdoor piccies will be tricky but the lockdown is a good excuse to shoot some still life indoors and try the multishot facility. The only problem is the size of the files - 528Mb. It's a shame that massive compression will be needed to display any resulting image on this website but I'll give it a go...

As far as your file size of 528MB is concerned , I can only say the storage is so cheap to. That should really be no problem . Think of a file having two or three or even more layers .
Compressing files for forum use is just an absolutely normal process .

Hi jotloob, I know you are quite right but the compression of a single 528Mb photo to something around 1Mb must mean that the amount of detail picked up by the sensor will simply be lost in the compressed image. Thus, the potential impact of the photo will be lost to a viewer.

On a side note, I've had to upgrade my PC to handle regular post-processing of such large files which was not an expense I thought about when upgrading the digital back. Dumb or what!

Back