Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Any new Xpan rumours?

After a little more research my attention has shifted from Ventizz and Sony to Hasselblad top management. Where is this retarded idea coming from to sell empty cameras with a mahogany handle and a Hasselblad label. New facts point to the relatively new Hasselblad CEO, Dr. Larry Hansen, who sits in Denmark with a Ferrari-Hasselblad camera on his desk and the rest of his Danish management team standing politely behind him while the working part of the company is back in Sweden.
I quote:
"Dr. Hansen was appointed Hasselblad Chairman in March 2009. He has 26 years of experience in top management positions in the German based optical and opto-electronics firm Carl Zeiss. The last 16 years Dr. Hansen was CEO of the Carl Zeiss Asia Pacific operations based in Japan. In this role Dr. Hansen initiated and developed thriving photographic business co-operations with Japanese corporations such as Sony, Cosina and Kyocera."

It turns out Larry Hansen was in charge of swapping labels between Zeiss on one hand and Sony, Cosina and Kyocera on the other. So he is knowledgeable in the game of swapping labels. Maybe this time he has taken label swapping a bit too far.

It goes to show that achieving an executive position in a field has nothing to do with good judgment or understanding the overall business.

Larry, you have nothing to gain by sinking Hasselblad. After your Ferrari fiasco and now bordering on product deception you should realize that Hasselblad is not your bag. It is time to go !

I'm afraid this is the end of HB - a sad sad state of affairs.
Guess I'll have to change my signature and buy a Leica or Alpa.

Back