Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Current market price for Xpan I + 45mm lens (mint condition)

scion

Hello all,

Let me introduce myself, my name is Brian and I have been shooting with rangefinders such as the Leica M and Contax iia. Recently I came acrossed some panoramic pictures taken by the Hasselblad Xpan on the internet which made me very interested in trying one.

I would like to start with the Xpan I and 45mm lens first and just wondering what is the reasonable price for a set in mint condition, also what sort of things should I pay attention to when testing the camera? Thank you in advance.

Brian​

This is one of the good things about Ebay. You can see what the market value is of certain items. That's how I figure out the worth of certain items.

Hello all,​

Let me introduce myself, my name is Brian and I have been shooting with rangefinders such as the Leica M and Contax iia. Recently I came acrossed some panoramic pictures taken by the Hasselblad Xpan on the internet which made me very interested in trying one.​

I would like to start with the Xpan I and 45mm lens first and just wondering what is the reasonable price for a set in mint condition, also what sort of things should I pay attention to when testing the camera? Thank you in advance.​

Brian​

Prices vary rather widely, the cosmetic state of the body being a major factor.

Whatever you do, go for flawless glass. The painting on the body is Hasselblad-quality (read: junk, anything painted on a HB is suspect basically ;-)

You can retrieve the number of exposures from the LCD, please check the Xpan manual for how to do so.

Hi, everyone - this is my first post here!

@Brian -
I had this conversation with the owner of a well known camera retail store recently; I am in the process of insuring my cameras and was trying to figure out what an XPAN II with the 45/4 lens would sell for at retail in "9" used condition.

His reply was $2600 USD for the camera body, lens and lens hood.

Hope this will help.

11 years since the OP on this thread, an Xpan I with the 45mm lens goes for US$4000-4500 whilst the Xpan II somewhere in the range of $6000-7500 on the auction site. As of this writing, a well-used sample at Camera West in California of the Xpan I with both the 45 and 90mm lenses, sells for $5000.

Hello all,

Let me introduce myself, my name is Brian and I have been shooting with rangefinders such as the Leica M and Contax iia. Recently I came acrossed some panoramic pictures taken by the Hasselblad Xpan on the internet which made me very interested in trying one.

I would like to start with the Xpan I and 45mm lens first and just wondering what is the reasonable price for a set in mint condition, also what sort of things should I pay attention to when testing the camera? Thank you in advance.

Brian​
My good advice, don't do it. Why?

1. I have had a total of 4 XPAN and know what I am talking about.
2. if a repair is needed, it is now practically impossible to have it repaired. Spare part. and KnowHow problem.
3. the prices in ebay are beyond good and evil.
4. if the case occurs that it goes defective and is unrepairable, then you have extreme electronic waste.

Do you want that?

Daniel

It is a great camera. Know ideas how many people faced a technical / repair problem. This camera is a solid camera.
I have a Xpan 2, bought about 10 years ago . Got it as a secondhand but still on great conditions. The prices have rocketed up. I am asking myself If I want to buy this camera for this price ?? No way......Ebay is the only place to check prices up......

Back