Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

February Fury 2010

I took the Hassy out again after the last "February Fury" storm, which dumped about 1.5 feet (.5m) in my area (up to 3'/1m elsewhere). The sun was in and out but it was a beautiful "day after" for shooting. I decided to hit a local preserve (basically a mansion on a huge pile of land) that I hadn't had much luck at before; this was to be a good day - 22 out of 24 shots were keepers. I shot T-Max 100 this time around for less grain, but didn't have my usual Xtol mixed up; I went with Rodinal 1:50 for 12 minutes. The rest of the shots in my "Chelsea/Muttontown" gallery.

Michael, these are wonderful shots of the Estate in the snow.

I can't understand why nobody has commented on them until now.

I particularly number 8 the picture of the doorway. Some of the tree shots are quite beautiful too.

Nice work.

Thank you, that's very kind! :)

It's strange, I've never been quite happy with most pictures from that location. It's a very cool mansion/property, but somehow it just never translates quite right. This was one of the reasons I went back with the Hassy; figuring the square format would freshen my approach. I like this set of the place the most.

One day I'll go back and see what happens... In the summer it's especially pretty with the landscape surrounding it. Maybe I'll give Provia a run.

i like the one with the tilted wrought iron chairs best of all....good stuff.....Ive never actually shot anything in snow ever....doesnt snow around here!

Back