Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

It's Kind of Sad

It's kind of sad that this forum has never had a post. So here is the first. I was bored one night and decided to do my first Hassy macro. 503CW+CFV+automatic bellows+120/4 and Helicon. The close-up is ten cuts reconstructed with Helicon. Focusing at that magnification was nearly impossible..just guessed.

Attachments

• Antelope Canyon 2.jpg
    EXIF
    Antelope Canyon 2.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 82
  • HF2.jpg
    EXIF
    HF2.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 83
  • Antelope Canyon 2.jpg
    EXIF
    Antelope Canyon 2.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 82
  • HF2.jpg
    EXIF
    HF2.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 82
It's kind of sad that this forum has never had a post. So here is the first. I was bored one night and decided to do my first Hassy macro. 503CW+CFV+automatic bellows+120/4 and Helicon. The close-up is ten cuts reconstructed with Helicon. Focusing at that magnification was nearly impossible..just guessed.

Hi Steve. I hope to be joining you here soon with some images to post. I just ordered a 120/4 CFE Makro for my Hasselbald V-system cameras today! Slowly building my lens collection and I've been looking for one of these for a couple months. I used to do quite a bit of macro photography about 25 years ago, using a 35mm Pentax MX with a Pentax bellows and 100mm bellows lens....it was alot of fun. Here's one of those shots which I scanned many years ago on a Canon film scanner.

Look forward to getting much better results now with the 120 Makro and my 503CWD-II.

I'm going to check out the Helicon software too.....thanks for the tip. I know some of the guys over on the GetDPI forum are using it and getting great results.

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

Attachments

• begonia.jpg
    EXIF
    begonia.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 470
  • begonia.jpg
    EXIF
    begonia.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 470
It is a shame that this forum only has one thread - Macro photography is a fantastic skill and can yeild some spectacular results.

Good work! I look forward to seeing more :)

It is a shame that this forum only has one thread - Macro photography is a fantastic skill and can yeild some spectacular results.

Good work! I look forward to seeing more :)

I think Macro photography in Medium format is a expensive business! and that is why everyone can't go in to this area in 6x6 . Is my thinking sensible?:z02_respekt:

Now that bellows etc can be had for very good prices on Ebay etc, I don't see why $ should be such an issue......
Maybe macro is just not an attractive topic for many HB users...?

Back