Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Problems with nc2 prism

Just got today the nc2 prism, and there is no way i can focus when it´s on, it´s normal?? should i remove the focusing screen?? when i remove i can only see trough the prism a small image area, the rest is black, but with the focusing screen cannot focus..... what can i do?

Thanks a lot

No you need the screen. Try to remove the prism and tell at what distance your finger is sharp if in front of the prism.
Perhaps a lens is missing.

No you need the screen. Try to remove the prism and tell at what distance your finger is sharp if in front of the prism.
Perhaps a lens is missing.

Thanks!! i have discovered that there is a little lens in the eye piece, i think that will be a correction lens, i removed it and now i can focus but cannot put my eye right on the eye piece, need to be like 2-3 cm away to see properly trough it. Is that the way is mean to be?

No a correct eye piece allow you to have the eye "inside". Perhaps you have a corection lens. On later prism you have to add a corection lens inside of the eye piece. Cann you tell if there is tow glass in your eye piece ?

No a correct eye piece allow you to have the eye "inside". Perhaps you have a corection lens. On later prism you have to add a corection lens inside of the eye piece. Cann you tell if there is tow glass in your eye piece ?

If I check the manual I have a lens that should be C in the manual, is a curved lens and that´s not allowing my to focus, so when i get rid of it i can focus but cannot put my eye "inside" need to be like 2-3 cm away. So should I look for a new C piece?? but how do i know which one??

Thanks again for everything

Back