Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

The Advantage of Using Phocus?

joburger

Please excuse my igorance, I'm new to digital and to M.F. digital.
Is there any real advantage of using Phocus? I have got used to using Adobe bridge and CS5. I'm hopeless at Lightroom and since picking up my HD4 recently, I can't see myself getting much better on Phocus which to me seems just as confounding as Lightroom.

My preference is to bring all images shot on my Hassy into bridge and then just load them up one at a time for futher editing in Photoshop. I'd be very interested and very grateful for anyone's opnion on this choice and once again, apologies if this sounds dumb. Cheers Chris

Hello Chris,

I have a H3DII 39Mp for 1 year, i have done several tests with Phocus LR4 and Raw Therapee and the Hasselblad software allways give-me the best results.
Give a try to Raw Therapee, its a free program, with difficult controls but huge number of fine image tune-ups...that sometimes give a suprise with the results.

Pedro

Thanks Pedro, I am still using CS5.6 and Adobe camera raw but I intend to teach myself how to use Phocus. It's the importing of files that I find difficult. I will certainly look at the raw converter the mention. I must be honest, I'd never heard of it before. Cheers Chris

HB works very closely with Adobe - so ACR should be fine for your needs.
I use Phocus for tethering - where it is great.
However, I'm not impressed with the new interface...... :(

Back