Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Why is V system kit so expensive on Ebay?

I just wanted to flag up The Fontanes post because on this site this info should be shouted from the rooftops (if sites have roof tops)
Speaking of expert repair, for Hblad V kit - Classic V in the UK are the shizzle - https://www.classicv.co.uk
Even if you're not in the UK, and your Hblad needs a service or tuning, it's worth the cost to courier it to them. They do top notch work on bodies and backs, haven't been able to find anybody as good elsewhere.
The Fontane is right about Jeff at Classic V. He has kept my Hasselblad V system up and running for years.

I wish I had purchased many vintage items a few years ago. Prices just keep going up. I've been shooting Hasselblads since 1972. Owned a new 500CM, then in the late 1990's upgraded to a new 501CM. I turned digital at the turn of the century, and in 2007 I purchased a CFV16 square digital back for my 501CM. Traded that directly with Hasselblad for an H4D in 2011, bought an X1D in 2017, and currently shoot with the X2D.
That said, I recently started feeling the desire to re-own some of the film gear I once owned, as I have regretted selling much of my film gear. So this month, as I am retired, no debts, and with a "bit" of disposable income, I have successfully re-purchased "most" that I wanted from Ebay, KEH, Roberts Camera, and a couple of private owners, and ALL at prices much higher than I anticipated. However, all that I bought is in mint/like-new condition - 501CM (manufactured 2001), Acute Matte D screen, A12-IV back, PME51 prism, CF 50 FLE, CFE 80, CF 150, CF 250, plus a few minor accessories. All for the monumental sum of $7000, including shipping & sales tax. I bought several 5-packs of 120 film from B&H (Tri-X, TMax100, Ektar 100), so as soon as the ice melts off the streets I am ready to go!

Back