Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

HASSELBLAD CFV USM IN PHOTOSHOP

jotloob

As a newbie to digital work with HASSELBLAD i would like to discuss a problem here .
Regarding the workflow with HASSELBLAD COLOR FLEX as RAW converter , i receive a 34,5 x 34,5 image files , with a 300 DPI resolution .This is in TIFF format . What i am missing , is the sharpness of the image in that TIFF file . Without USM the image is absolutely nothing .
The parameters i found to be good are : 150% at 1,5 pixel and 100% at 1 pixel as a seond sharpening .

Is this a normal proceedure ? ? ?

If , in general , a digital image has to be sharpened , how do all the consumer cameras do it ? ? ?

So , am i doing something wrong , or is my back not performing as designed ? ? ?

uhoh.gif

Jürgen,
I have absolutely no experience with digital backs. Consumer Cameras seem to sharpen the picture, to enhance contrast and colours in a more excessive way (this does vary of course) to make their users happy without post-processing.

Ulrik

Back