Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Hasselblad extension tubes - how do you separate the individual tubes?

nkjin

New Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2026
Messages
4
I bought a stack of Hasselblad extension tubes. They’re the black ones with the chrome buttons.

How do I separate the individual tubes? I’m pressing the button and twisting, but I don’t want to force anything and risk damaging them.

Am I missing a step or is there a trick to getting them apart?

Thanks
 
I only have two of the X Extension tubes. They attach exactly as you would a =lens - on the X2Dii by lining up the red dot. Each has a small button at the side that you press to release.
Other than that, I have no experience with other Hasselblad extensions tubes
 
Thanks, I appreciate the info. Mine are the older black tubes with the chrome release buttons, so I think the attachment/release mechanism is a little different from the X-series tubes. I just don't want to force anything and damage them. I’ll keep messing with them and see if I can figure out the release position
 
If these extension tubes are for the 500 series Hasselblads they need to be removed lens first working your way to the camera. If you do it backwards the shutter will trip. That is most likely why they will not separate. Do you have a Hasselblad "camera key"? This is the best way to cock the shutter, then they will come apart.
 
Back
Top