Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Hasselblad Haze Filter 63 (50156)

snaporaz

I bought on ebay a haze filter 63 (50156) to use with my Distagon 50mm but the filter does not fit, it is smaller.
What I uderstood is that 63 is not the diameter but the series number and it should be an old model.
What kind of filter is it and on what lens I can mount it?

Thanks

Good question. Unhappily not sure to give good answer:
63mm was the designation for filter of the Early Super wide and the 60mm /5.6.
I got a hoya 63mm that "entrer" the lens but can not be completey fitted.

Read here:
"Series VIII (63mm) filters (5 factory available: Y, G, O, R, and haze) held in place by a chrome plated brass filter retaining ring. It uses a metal lens cap which slips over the outside of the lens with the standard practice gray fabric friction seal on the inside lip and the "winged V" logo on the front."

http://www.gilghitelman.com/news_0005.html
I'm looking for 2 63mm filters (for my Super Wide (1956) and Distagon 60mm/5.6 but I do not know how they are called.

Thanks a lot blowupster. In the next days I will go to see a couple of rings that could be useful to fit my fliter on one of my lens.
Lets hope!:)

Is it a srew filter or does it need a ring or a shade to keep the filter on the lens ?
Perhaps 2 type of 63mm filters existe.

I bought on ebay a haze filter 63 (50156) to use with my Distagon 50mm but the filter does not fit, it is smaller.
What I uderstood is that 63 is not the diameter but the series number and it should be an old model.
What kind of filter is it and on what lens I can mount it?

Thanks
63 is effectively the diameter of filters made for old 50 and 60 mm "C" lenses.
They were not mounted directly on the lenses, but kept in their place in front of lenses by a screw ring that was supplied with every lens of these.
Actually this ring is not easy to find, I fear.
Cordially Ale

Back