Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Leica M to Hassy 1600F?

BigSteveG

Are any adapters like this available, or advisable? I am wondering about the coverage of a small format lens to an MF frame. I don't know enough yet to figure it out!
I found a 1600F kit w/ two Kodak lenses and am wondering if my M lenses will work on such a beast!

I understand that all lenses are interchangeable on the HB line, so what works on a 1600F (you lucky dog, you) will work on the X2D and vice versa. If this is true an adapter for the X2D, a dumb one like the US$30 TTArtisan, would work for you. The Sonnar lenses have a 45mm FOV which covers the X2D 44mm x 33mm sensor. I do not know how it would work on your 1600F. But if what I believe to be true about interchangeability of HB lenses is true you can do this. I have shot Sonnars on the regular X2D format and a Planar Cooke Amotal on the cropped 24 x 36 format. That said it is hard to beat the lenses developed for the HB cameras specifically. The XCD 55V is just great. And the old Kodak lenses were very good lenses.

Back