Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

R2400 problem

jfj

Hi, this is my first posting to this site. I am using ConeColor inks and CIS on my Epson R2400. I recently successfully resolved a clogging issue with proceedures used to resolve past clogs with no problems. I was able to resolve the most recent clog and get good nozzle check and print a couple of prints. But then both the ink and paper red lights are blinking at the same time. Epson manual says that when this happens it means a paper jam, but no paper is jammed in my printer. I did what manual suggested anyway, but to no avail. Am stymied and need help?

Well, it sounds to me as if the Counters have reached their limits in your R2400. You will have to reset the counters using a utility such as SSC Service Utility. I have used it dozens of times..previously trashing otherwise working and good printers. Google SSC Service Utility , download it and follow the instructions. It is a good idea to clean the sponges before resetting the counters. Good luck David

Back