Medium Format Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Some X-pan Photos in B&W

HasselbLike

This is one of my newly focus on-going project on Cityscape hope you'll like them!!

All Right Reserved Images ©yril jayant.jpg

London Panaromic  Images All Rights Reserved  ©yril jayant (2).jpg

London Panaromic  Images All Rights Reserved  ©yril jayant (4).jpg

London Panaromic  Images All Rights Reserved  ©yril jayant (6).jpg

Paris  Panaromic  Images All Rights Reserved  ©yril jayant (2).jpg

Paris  Panaromic  Images All Rights Reserved  ©yril jayant.jpg

I find this X-pan is an amazing tool if you master it

:proud:

This series continues and amazingly my developed negative lot is getting more. It'll be a real pleasure to share my images here among you,guys with great experience. This is a new discovery for me to find about this great X-pan, as I have several other systems to Leica and Square-format .
But I think properly composed and arranged images can produced with more visual effect in Pano. format.

Thanks Dave----

Cyril

Great set of captures.

I'm not sure about the horizon on a couple but that is outweighed by the overall quality of the complete work which is very high.

LouisB

Great images, Cyril!
What scanner are you using?

Hi Swissblad ! Thank you.
I have switched in to Hblad Flextight 5X scanner. Started hiring from a Pro Lab, did archiving some of my old negatives. I can't believe the scans are very different from Nikon cool scan. Nothing to say, first time I see some of my highest quality in all the scans. If you have not tried it please do it and it is worth to get the best out of every or selected Hasselblad negative. They are unique and deserve finish with a Blad scanning>:D

Thanks for the reply, Cyril.
I tried a Epson V750 and was not too happy - will see where I can rent a flex tight.
Keep shooting!
S:)

It's a strange thing. Some years ago, I had an XPan (original version) but never really warmed to it as the shutter speed did not show in the viewfinder and, unless shooting in good light and/or at high ISO, I found a lot of my photos were soft or downright blurred. I was using it for general street shots and had it during a UK winter. I sold it for more than I paid for it and moved on. I still love the XPan panoramic format and was delighted to find that my Fuji GFX 50r has a specific aspect ratio to mirror the XPan. Apparently, to get the same angle of view as the XPan with the 45mm lens, you need the Fuji GF 30mm lens. I don't have this but the 32-64mm I have is near enough for me. To be honest, so long as the end result is what I'm after, I'm not at all worried about focal lengths. Once we're out of lockdown, I intend to go looking for compositions which lend themselves to panoramas.

I know they're not shot on an XPan but here's a few photos taken with my GFX 50r using the XPan panorama aspect ratio. The location is a place called "Shingle Street" on the Suffolk coast about an hour or so drive from where I live.
ShingleStreetMarch2020 6.jpg
  • FUJIFILM - GFX 50R
  • Fujifilm Fujinon GF32-64mm F4 R LM WR
  • 38.2 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/200 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 100

ShingleStreetMarch2020 9.jpg
  • FUJIFILM - GFX 50R
  • Fujifilm Fujinon GF32-64mm F4 R LM WR